Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Maya's Second Birthday!

For Maya's second birthday I decided to do a pink and brown party! I know she really would have loved a "Barbie"=Princess party, and I was tempted with all the cute princess stuff, but I figured she will want plenty of those in the future!

We kept it pretty simple and had chips and salsa, pink marshmallows dipped in chocolate with sprinkles, pink and brown oreos, pink and brown cake, Neapolitan ice cream (pink/brown:), and pink lemonade! Maya opened her presents (which she loved) and then we let the kids play in the water!


(The invite)



(the inside)







Maya is pretty familiar with this little splash pad, and was so excited to show it to her cousins! She even got in the water in her dress before the party started! Luckily it was so hot, it dried pretty quick!

I think she had such a good time!



PS- Don't look too close at my cake. It is lop-sided and melting!!!

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Holy Crap Angie, could Maya'sparty been a little cuter?! Oh my word, I love it. Dude, you are my inspiration. I especially love the invites. I wish had been there to see Maya on her birthday!!!

Kristi said...

Ok, here is what I'm thinking: I fly you down to Texas a few days before both Brinley and Braden's birthday and you plan them...and make the invites as well...what do you think?

VicandNanc said...

You are the CUTEST MOM! I think I have to keep in contact with you for the rest of my life if only to have you give me ideas for the cutest birthday parties ever! I love every detail in the pictures! LOoOve it!
P.S. I'll keep up in touch just because I love you :) ...okay, well and you're always good for a laugh!

Blake Family said...

What a cute birthday. You are so creative. What a fun time she had. I love the pink and brown theme. Your cake looks yummy and that is all that matters.

Lindsey said...

What a darling birthday. You are quite the talent in that department. I make a cake and consider my kids lucky!

ami said...

HELLO- Maya's party was awesome. You are so talented! I haven't ever had such a nice b-day and I'm um....let's just say i'm older than maya. I loved the cake. i also love all your blog designs. someday i'll have to take lessons from you.

Harmony said...

Angie, too cute! I am in love with pink and brown in fact I am doing Avery's room in those colors right now. You are so creative! Looked like Maya had a great time!

Esther Ogden said...

Jeremy says that you and I have the same definition of 'simple'! Her party was adorable and you did well! =)

Sally said...

Holy cow! So stinkin' cute- down to the very last detail! Lalalove it. She is such a beautiful little girl and always looks absolutely darling.

Did you make the banner?