Why is it that time goes by so fast when Mason is at pre-school? Tuesday and Thursday I get a good two hours to do whatever I want with only one kid, (which is way easier than two!) and the time goes by so fast! It seems like I drop Mason and Maryn off and then I turn around to go pick them up! It's crazy! Today Maya and I went shopping (we usually do!) at Graples, Target, and Old Navy. I feel like I cannot take my sweet time looking around, I am strictly business-in and out, having to be so quick! Oh well, two hours is better than nothing!
I finished Tuesdays with Morrie this weekend, and I loved it! I saw Mitch Albom on Oprah recently, and remembered I had wanted to read this book. It was a quick and simple read, which is right up my alley! Here are a couple quotes I liked from it:
"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."
"Do the kinds of things that come from the heart. When you do, you won't be dissatisfied, you won't be envious, you won't be longing for somebody else's things. On the contrary, you'll be overwhelmed with what comes back."
Anyhow, now I'm back into my vampire mode and reading Eclipse. Why do I get so "sucked" into these books? They are so addicting. I stayed up late last night reading it, and I purposefully did not start it until after the holidays because I knew I wouldn't put it down! I'm trying to pace myself since the next one doesn't come out until later this year!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Posted by
Angie
at
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Oh mama, I think I need to read Tuesdays with Morrie. It sounds like a good one--I liked those quotes woman. Also, I hear you on the whole time away form children thing. I am always overwhelmed with it--there's so much I want to get done but not enough time. The break is heaven though :)
Let me know how Eclipse goes...it's on my list o' things to read.
you've been a busy beaver, haven't you. i need to pick up a book. i'm practically illiterate anymore.
i hear you about preschool. we have 3 hours and it flys, too. ah, crap, and i teach the next 2 weeks. sucks!
I love the last quote you posted from Tuesdays with Morrie, its so true.
I liked Tuesday with Morrie. That was a good one. And the Twilight series, definitely a goodie!
Tuesdays is one of my top three favorite books. I have read it at least 10 times. The first quote is my favorite! Can't wait to hear how you liked Eclipse.
Post a Comment