Sunday, January 20, 2008

Maya's 18 months!

First day of nursery!




Maya turned 18 months on Thursday! Today was her first day in nursery at church, and she did so good! Tyler took her in and stayed with her for a little bit, because she was a little scared, but she warmed up pretty quick and Tyler slipped out. I went and checked on her the second hour, (making sure she didn't see me) and she looked like such a big kid! She was having a snack and looked so cute. It was very bitter sweet! I like having her with me at church even when she's a little wild, but it was so nice to be child free! She's usually such a mama's girl-clinging to me, but today she was acting so different. I'm so happy she did so well! Who knows, maybe next week she'll hate it!


Here are a few things about Maya at 18 months:



  1. She is independent, wants to do most things herself.

  2. She loves baby dolls, but loves to play with her brother's toys too!

  3. She loves to be naked, and take baths!

  4. She is a mama's girl , and loves to be cuddled, give and blow kisses.

  5. She doesn't say much, just mama, dadda, and boo! (from peek-a-boo) She nods yes or no to anything we ask! She also sings cute little songs!

  6. Nickname Boo!

  7. She loves to be naughty to make her brother laugh, and he loves to egg her on!

  8. She knows where everything is (ie: nose, eyes, belly)and will fold her arms, and close her eyes!

  9. She loves her bottle, and binkie (which I want to get rid of soon!)

  10. She loves to nap in my bed!

I just love my Maya Marie, and can't believe she's getting so big, so fast!

5 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

happy birthday, maya! what a cute, sweet girl. oh, and watch out for the egging on. man, that only seems to get worse around here. maya calls it "wilding each other up".

Melissa said...

I can not believe that she is in nursery already! Oh my, I bet she is just so cute sitting there with the other kids all "big"! I hope she continues to like it...Tatum was great the first weekin there and she went all by herself but I don't know what happened after that she was all freaked out about it! So I have been going with her ever since! In fact today someone asked me if it was my callling!!! So good luck! :)

Kristi said...

Holy Crap!! I can't believe that girl is in nursery and can talk!! That makes me miss her and want to cuddle those cheeks like nobody's business. And hooray for her bravery in nursery--hopefully it will last! :) She looks so cute! we really miss her & that Mason.

skbkmjfamily said...

I agree where has the time gone. She is growing way too fast. And she looked so darling on Sunday. She is such an awesome little girl.. crazy I swear you just had her.

Sally said...

ohmygosh, I had so much to catch up on. Cannot believe she is 18 months- time flies....She is absolutely darling. You'll be glad that you took a photo of her on her big day... Watch out primary is just around the corner!