Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!


I've never really been a new year's resolution person, but this year, I have a few things I would like to be more diligent about! First, (like everyone else) I want to use my gym membership a little bit more! I know Gold's was very sad when I showed up today, because I have been paying them, and have not gone once in 4 months! (sad but true!-They were hoping I forgot about them!) Side note: There was, however, a positive side to having a parasite-(although I don't recommend getting one) When I went to the doctor for my pinkeye, they weighed me, and I lost weight I wasn't expecting! Hooray for something good coming from giardia! Anyhow, it was good to be back at the gym, and I'm hoping to go 3-4 times per week! (and seeing swim suits at Target today was motivating:)

Next-I want to declutter, declutter, declutter! Where does all this stuff come from? Maybe because it was just Christmas, and we have a ton of crap everywhere, and maybe because I was sick and haven't done anything for two months- Two wrongs don't make a right! I need to start organizing and decluttering! (and maybe go to Target and Old Navy less!)

Take a photography class- My camera is more hi-tech than I know what to do with, so hopefully I can learn some new things to do with it!

Baby steps people-I'm just taking baby steps! I don't want to go too crazy and say I'll do too many things, because then I will just get overwhelmed and not do anything!

So that's a start, maybe I'll add more things to the list later! Happy 2008!

3 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

great resolutions! i about flipped when i saw swimsuits at target today. aggh. no thanks.

Kristi said...

Oh mamacita, I think we are on the same wavelength! Hooray that you lost weight (even though you had giardia :( do you think there's any way to pass that onto me through the internet?) I think that's awesome you lost weight before the New year. Who gets to do that?! Also, I feel the same way after Christmas--all I can think about is decluttering. My crap is consuming my house! And you really should take a photography class--that is a useful skill for shizzle. I can't wait to see the pics from your new camera!

Hmmm, what else can I write to make this the longest comment ever?

Mel said...

Way to go on the great resolutions! I'm terrible coming up with them and sticking to it.